Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Nice and refreshing salad type dish.
- 1 cucumber
- 1 medium tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons finely diced red onions
- cilantro, to taste
- 1 dash lemon juice
- black pepper
- Cut cucumber in half length-wise and scoop out the seeds with a spoon.If using a seedless cucumber skip this step.
- Dice cucumber ,tomato(with seeds)and mix.
- Add lemon juice,red onion,salt,black pepper and finely chopped cilantro.
- Chill for 5 minutes then serve with your favorite dish!
Very tasty! Thanks!!!
Made this today for lunch to serve on top of grilled chicken that was marinated in some salad dressing. It complemeted the chicken and dressing very well. This will make a nice addition to many of my other grilled food, maybe some fish taco. I'll play around with it some mre and let you know!
This is one of those recipes that can be modified in so many ways. I used a big pickling cucumber and a big plum tomato - we added more red onion, as it seemed to need it. Instead of lemon juice, which I did not have, I used a splash of rice vinegar. The cilantro was very refreshing. This was just enough for two of us, served along side chicken.