Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is fresh and crunchy. Almost all the ingredients come straight from the garden. A great use for those surplus cucumbers and tomatoes-you can only make so many pickles, right?! Cook time is chill time.
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled,seeded,chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded,minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl stir together all ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
With a bumper crop of cucumbers, I tried this recipe and was delighted. I put all the ingredients into my food processor and then emptied the mixture into a colander and let it drain for an hour. Next time I will add more salt. This is good on chips, great on hot dogs, and on a sandwich.
What a great change to salsa! I made this for football viewing and it was a hit! I did leave out the jalapeno because I'm a sissy......It was wonderful with Tostito Scoops and the "sonbees" used it on steak fajitas that night! It was even better the next day. This hive will absolutely make this again......good stuff!
LOVE! That's what I call this recipe. It was so easy and fresh. I used what I had on hand and it turned out delicious. Didn't have the green pepper or jalepeno, used a bit of onion powder and a little onion, lemon juice and dried cilantro and parsley. I don't know if I should rate because I changed it so much but it was good, I ate the whole bowl by myself! I'm making it again so my husband can have some this time...maybe! Thanks for a great recipe for all those cucumbers I have.