This is fresh and crunchy. Almost all the ingredients come straight from the garden. A great use for those surplus cucumbers and tomatoes-you can only make so many pickles, right?! Cook time is chill time.
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled,seeded,chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded,minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl stir together all ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
What a great change to salsa! I made this for football viewing and it was a hit! I did leave out the jalapeno because I'm a sissy......It was wonderful with Tostito Scoops and the "sonbees" used it on steak fajitas that night! It was even better the next day. This hive will absolutely make this again......good stuff!
LOVE! That's what I call this recipe. It was so easy and fresh. I used what I had on hand and it turned out delicious. Didn't have the green pepper or jalepeno, used a bit of onion powder and a little onion, lemon juice and dried cilantro and parsley. I don't know if I should rate because I changed it so much but it was good, I ate the whole bowl by myself! I'm making it again so my husband can have some this time...maybe! Thanks for a great recipe for all those cucumbers I have.
one of my workmates made this at work with ingredients filched from the sub shop and i didnt ever get the recipe. this stuff is soooo good for lunch at work where you dont have a lot of time to eat. thanks for the recipe. now i can make it myself at home :)