Recipe by JanuaryBride
This is a vegan no salt recipe from The No Salt Cookbook. If your diet can tolerate salt, simply add salt to taste! Feel free to throw in some onions and some red peppers too!
Top Review by Somogirl
I wanted to add a tip I learned from an old Lebanese cookbook I have.Put the tahini in a small bowl first,slowly add a tablespoon or two of very warm water.Stir vigorously with a fork.This makes the tahini creamy and smooth and easier to add to any dish you are making.
- 3⁄4 cup tahini
- 2 room temperature lemons, juice of
- 1 minced garlic clove (I add 4 myself)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (I add 2 pinches then put some on top too)
- fresh ground pepper
- water (optional)
- 2 cucumbers
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir the tahini and lemon juice together until well blended. Add the rest of the ingredients except the cucumbers and stir to blend.
- Allow the mixture to stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes. (If you put it in the refrigerator, it will thicken up). If it is too thick to pour, you can use it as a dip for the cucumbers OR you can thin it out with room temperature water (NOT cold) which is what I do.
- Peel the cucumbers and slice them into rounds. Put them in a large bowl and pour the dressing over them. Toss to coat.