Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
Rice wine vinegar is milder than most Western vinegars.
Make and share this Cucumber Salad with Spicy Wasabi Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 7.39 ml dry wasabi (or to taste)
- 2 cucumbers
- 29.58 ml rice wine vinegar or 29.58 ml distilled white vinegar, mixed with 1 tbsp water
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- salt and black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 green onions or 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 14.79 ml black sesame seeds or 14.79 ml sesame seeds (toasted white)
- Mix the wasabi with 1/2 teaspoon warm water in the bottom of a mixing bowl and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Peel the cucumbers, cut each one in half lengthwise, and use a melon baller or spoon to scoop out the seeds.
- Cut the cucumbers widthwise into 1/4-inch crescents.
- Add the vinegar and sugar to the wasabi and whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in the sesame oil, salt, and pepper.
- Just before serving, add the cucumbers, green onion, and sesame seeds to the dressing and mix well.
1 Weight Watcher point per serving!! WOW
This is excellant, I'm always looking for fresh salads in the summer months. Yum!
This salad was so good we were fighting over the last few pieces of cucumber and my boyfriend doesn't even like wasabi! I substituted pine nuts for the seseme seeds and it gave it an additional texture that we liked. I tried making it up ahead of time and putting it in the fridge, but the seseme oil didn't do so well. It was so easy I ended up just remaking the dressing before adding the cucumbers and it came out perfectly.