- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry wasabi (or to taste)
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar, mixed with 1 tbsp water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- salt and black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 green onions or 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds or 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (toasted white)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the wasabi with 1/2 teaspoon warm water in the bottom of a mixing bowl and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Peel the cucumbers, cut each one in half lengthwise, and use a melon baller or spoon to scoop out the seeds.
- Cut the cucumbers widthwise into 1/4-inch crescents.
- Add the vinegar and sugar to the wasabi and whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in the sesame oil, salt, and pepper.
- Just before serving, add the cucumbers, green onion, and sesame seeds to the dressing and mix well.