1/2 Photos of Cucumber Salad with Spicy Wasabi Dressing
Rice wine vinegar is milder than most Western vinegars.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry wasabi (or to taste)
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar, mixed with 1 tbsp water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- salt and black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 green onions or 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds or 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (toasted white)
- 1Mix the wasabi with 1/2 teaspoon warm water in the bottom of a mixing bowl and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- 2Peel the cucumbers, cut each one in half lengthwise, and use a melon baller or spoon to scoop out the seeds.
- 3Cut the cucumbers widthwise into 1/4-inch crescents.
- 4Add the vinegar and sugar to the wasabi and whisk until smooth.
- 5Whisk in the sesame oil, salt, and pepper.
- 6Just before serving, add the cucumbers, green onion, and sesame seeds to the dressing and mix well.
Browse Our Top Free Of... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Free Of... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cucumber Salad with Spicy Wasabi Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 55.8
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar