This is a light summery salad that goes extremely well with fish, and smoked salmon, or just poached fish such as sea bass - really refreshing and a great contrast!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the cucumbers in half and run a teaspoon down the middle of each piece to scoop out the seeds then thinly slice on the diagonal.
- 2Place in a bowl, and sprinkle over a tsp of salt with half of the vinegar and sugar, mixing to coat.
- 3Pour into a sieve then place back over the bowl and set aside for 30 minutes, then remove and gently squeeze between sheets of kitchen paper to remove excess liquid.
- 4Place the soured cream or creme fraiche in a bowl with the remaining vinegar and sugar, add the spring/green onions with most of the chives and dill and season to taste.
- 5Fold in the cucumber and sprinkle with a dusting of paprika, then serve with the remaining herbs as a garnish.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cucumber Salad With Soured Cream and Dill
Serving Size: 1 (1003 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.6
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 12.6 mg
- Sodium 45.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.1 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 28.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: