Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a light summery salad that goes extremely well with fish, and smoked salmon, or just poached fish such as sea bass - really refreshing and a great contrast!
- Cut the cucumbers in half and run a teaspoon down the middle of each piece to scoop out the seeds then thinly slice on the diagonal.
- Place in a bowl, and sprinkle over a tsp of salt with half of the vinegar and sugar, mixing to coat.
- Pour into a sieve then place back over the bowl and set aside for 30 minutes, then remove and gently squeeze between sheets of kitchen paper to remove excess liquid.
- Place the soured cream or creme fraiche in a bowl with the remaining vinegar and sugar, add the spring/green onions with most of the chives and dill and season to taste.
- Fold in the cucumber and sprinkle with a dusting of paprika, then serve with the remaining herbs as a garnish.