Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great way to make cucumbers. My husband loves them. Cook time is chill time.
- 4 cucumbers
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup of good vinegar (not red)
- 3⁄4 cup of real sour cream
- Peel cucumbers and slice very, very thin.
- Put in mixing bowl.
- Peel and chop clove of garlic, add to cucumber slices.
- Add Salt, and sugar to cucumber slices.
- Mix in sour cream and vinegar and toss well, I use my hands, till cucumbers slices and sour cream are all frothy and foamy.
- Place in serving dish and sprinkle a little paprika on top for decoration, and serve well chilled.
I was married for a time (a looong time ago) to a Hungarian-I remember more about his mum's cooking than I do about him. This reminded me of her-delicious thank you!
Very good. I usually just use oil and vinegar - this was a nice change. I used rice vinegar and added a few fresh chives.
Such a great way to use summer cukes! I added a teaspoon of dried dill. The cucumber and sourcream just pair beautifully together! This is a very refreshing summer salad. Perfect with grilled Salmon. Thanks