Recipe by Toby Jermain
This is a nice, light salad, similar to a Japanese sunomono salad. Prep time does not include setting time
Top Review by Goldigal
So Yummy! My husband said this is definitely a keeper! Still good the 2nd or 3rd day if there's any left! All I had on hand was seasoned rice vinegar with red pepper so I used that. Also added onions & green peppers from the garden. Omitted the sesame seeds but will try that next time. Many thanks for posting!
- 4.92 ml toasted sesame seeds
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled or partially peeled,halved,seeded,and sliced crosswise
- 29.58 ml rice wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml distilled white vinegar
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, toss the cucumber slices with all the other ingredients, except sesame seeds.
- Cover, and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds just before serving.
- Note: To toast sesame seeds, place in a dry skillet over medium heat, and toast until lightly browned and fragrant. Actually, I pick up a half pound at the health food store, rinse and drain them well, and then toast them in thedry skillet. Allow them to cool completely, and store them in the freezer until needed; they WILL rapidly go rancid otherwise.