Recipe by Andtototoo!
There are a lot of cucumber salad recipes on Zaar, but I haven't found one exactly like mine. This is very refreshing, especially during July and August.
- 4 cucumbers
- 1 sweet onion
- 3 tomatoes
- 1⁄4 green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt, as needed
- ground black pepper, as needed
- water, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the cucumbers, slit in half lengthwise and remove any large seeds and then thinly slice.
- Thinly slice the onion into half rounds.
- Dice your tomatoes (make sure that they are very ripe and full of flavor).
- Sliver the green bell pepper.
- Put the vegetables into a large serving dish/bowl. Sometimes I'll add extra cucumbers to the mixture, depending on their size.
- Add 2-3 Table. white vinegar, as desired.
- Add 2-3 Table. vegetable oil, as desired.
- Fill the bowl with water.
- Generously sprinkle with ground black pepper and especially salt. Taste to make sure that the water has a good flavor and that there is enough salt.
- Chill for a good 4 hours. Serve in small bowls or ramekins. The water that you serve with this salad is especially refreshing.
- Cooking time is the minimum chilling time.