4 hrs 15 mins
There are a lot of cucumber salad recipes on Zaar, but I haven't found one exactly like mine. This is very refreshing, especially during July and August.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the cucumbers, slit in half lengthwise and remove any large seeds and then thinly slice.
- 2Thinly slice the onion into half rounds.
- 3Dice your tomatoes (make sure that they are very ripe and full of flavor).
- 4Sliver the green bell pepper.
- 5Put the vegetables into a large serving dish/bowl. Sometimes I'll add extra cucumbers to the mixture, depending on their size.
- 6Add 2-3 Table. white vinegar, as desired.
- 7Add 2-3 Table. vegetable oil, as desired.
- 8Fill the bowl with water.
- 9Generously sprinkle with ground black pepper and especially salt. Taste to make sure that the water has a good flavor and that there is enough salt.
- 10Chill for a good 4 hours. Serve in small bowls or ramekins. The water that you serve with this salad is especially refreshing.
- 11Cooking time is the minimum chilling time.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cucumber Salad With Onion, Tomatoes and Green Bell Pepper
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 90.9
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 2.0 g