Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another magazine/holiday find. Prep time doesn't allow for salting, draining and chilling the cucumber.
- 2 English seedless cucumbers, peeled deseeded
- 300 ml natural yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 lime, juice of
- freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon mint, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander, finely chopped
- 300 g ocean trout, sashimi
- nigella seeds, to serve
- Cut the cucumbers into batons, and toss with a little salt.
- Set aside one hour in a colander and allow to drain.
- Rinse, drain and dry the cucumber, cover and chill.
- Beat together the yoghurt, garlic, lime juice, herbs and pepper, fold in the cucumber and spoon into individual serving dishes.
- Divide the sashimi between them and sprinkle with the nigella seeds.