Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very refreshing salad. Great with salmon, or any summer meal. Modified from an old Washington Post recipe. Cook time is chilling time.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar (to taste)
- 6 tablespoons oil (sesame is great or other vegetable)
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 minced scallions
- In a bowl, whisk lemon juice, oil and sugar until thick.
- Add dill, salt and pepper to taste. Mix inches.
- Add cucumbers and scallions, and coat well with dressing.
- Chill for 15 minutes and serve cool.
I really enjoyed this simple little salad. I did not peel the cucumber because I used cute, round, yellow ones I grew myself and I thought they were pretty. I was also lucky enough to have some dill growing in my garden as well! CQ
Easy and tasty. Used an English seedless cucumber.
I used english cucumbers with olive oil and enjoyed a very good cucumber salad. The lemon and dill added fresh flavors. Another keeper from out team! Made and reviewed for the Culinary Quest event 2014 - Cruisin Culinary Queens.