2 hrs 15 mins
Feast Your Eyes!'s Note:
This quick and easy cucumber salad offers cool refreshment for summer dining or warm afternoon picnics. It's a delicious side dish with roasted lamb or baked chicken
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cucumbers
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup purple onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- fresh mint sprig, garnish
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Peel, seed, and slice cucumbers (slice to desired thickness). Sprinkle with 1 teasponn of salt and allow to drain for half an hour.
- 2Spoon the yogurt onto either a paper coffee filter or sevral layers of paper towels; spread to 1/2-inch thickness. Cover with an additional coffee filter or paper towels, and let stand for about 5 minutes. Scrape the yogurt into a ceramic mixing bowl, using a rubber spatula. Add the lemon juice and give a good stir; cover and refrigerate.
- 3Combine the cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, parsley, and mint in a medium ceramic mixing bowl; gently toss.
- 4In a small ceramic mixing bowl, add the drained yogurt, vinegar, sugar, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder; stirring well.
- 5Pour the yogurt dressing over the cucumber mixture, and gently toss.
- 6Cover and chill for at least 2 hours (the longer the more tastier). Garnish with the mint sprigs.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cucumber Salad With Fresh Mint, Sweet Onions and Cherry Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 30.7
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 2.6 mg
- Sodium 303.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar