Recipe by Feast Your Eyes!
This quick and easy cucumber salad offers cool refreshment for summer dining or warm afternoon picnics. It's a delicious side dish with roasted lamb or baked chicken
- 2 cups cucumbers
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1⁄2 cup purple onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 3 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- fresh mint sprig, garnish
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, seed, and slice cucumbers (slice to desired thickness). Sprinkle with 1 teasponn of salt and allow to drain for half an hour.
- Spoon the yogurt onto either a paper coffee filter or sevral layers of paper towels; spread to 1/2-inch thickness. Cover with an additional coffee filter or paper towels, and let stand for about 5 minutes. Scrape the yogurt into a ceramic mixing bowl, using a rubber spatula. Add the lemon juice and give a good stir; cover and refrigerate.
- Combine the cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, parsley, and mint in a medium ceramic mixing bowl; gently toss.
- In a small ceramic mixing bowl, add the drained yogurt, vinegar, sugar, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder; stirring well.
- Pour the yogurt dressing over the cucumber mixture, and gently toss.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours (the longer the more tastier). Garnish with the mint sprigs.