Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Everyday with rachael ray
- 5 cucumbers, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded and sliced on an angle 1/4 inch thick (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- In a colander over a bowl, toss the prepared cucumbers with 2 tsps salt and let drain 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, mix together sour cream, cider vinegar, dill and sugar.
- Add in the drained cucumbers and sliced onion. Toss to mix.
- Season with pepper, as desired.
This was excellent. Didn't change a thing. Creamy, cool after it sat for a while. Even great the next day.
This was a really good salad. Next time I would make three fourths of the dressing and skip the sugar.
Great cucumber salad! I used 3 large english cucumbers and chopped the red onion finely. Let this chill in the refrigerator for 1/2 hour then served. Loved the dill sauce and the sweet flavor was perfect. I will be making this salad again. Thank you Chef #911756 for posting this recipe. Made and reviewed for the Iron Chef Secret Ingredient tag game.