Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a far better use for a cucumber than a lettuce salad. I have visited Turkey, the country of origin for this recipie, and find that this recipie is in keeping with the great tastes that Turkey has to offer in food preparation.
- 1 -2 crushed garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain yogurt
- 3 medium pared cucumbers, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh mint leaves
- In a bowl combine garlic, vinegar, salt, dill,and yoghurt and mix well.
- Blend cucumbers with yoghurt mixture and refrigerate for an hour or so.
- Serve sprinkled with olive oil and mint.
YUM !! what a lovely crunchy find!! Just made about a quarter recipe, wish I had made more, we loved it, very tasty dressing with the mint, didn't drizzle the olive oil, didn't feel it needed it. The best part is how lovley it crunches!! thenks for posting, I will be make often!!