Cucumber Salad is served all over Scandinavia, especially in summer. I got this recipe from an old cookbook given to me by my mother, and the recipe states "Made this way this Cucumber salad will not give you indigestion".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the cucumber and if the skin is tough, peel it. Slice thinly and place into a large bowl and sprinkle with salt. Toss to spread the salt evenly, then place a heavy weight on top of the cucumber mix and leave for about 15 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile mix the vinegar, water and sugar together and season with a little pepper. The dressing should taste fairly sweet and not too sharp.
- 3Squeeze the cucumber in a cheesecloth (or drain very well) to remove all the liquid. Place the cucumber in a serving bowl and pour over the dressing. Leave for a half an hour in fridge before serving.
- 4Add chopped chives or dill before serving if using.
Browse Our Top Scandinavian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scandinavian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cucumber Salad (Agurkesalat)
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 779.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 34.9 g
- Protein 0.6 g