Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My sister always request this at cook-outs.
Make and share this Cucumber Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 medium cucumbers
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Pare and thinly slice cucumbers; place in a serving dish.
- Add green onion, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper; toss gently to coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Place in freezer section of refrigerator for a few minutes, just until chilled.
I wanted a quick, easy, and light side dish for some grilled burgers, so I gave this a try. It certainly fit all my requirements. I at least doubled the green onions and sprinkled will dill to serve. It was cool, crunchy and tangy. I'd probably add either mint or some garlic and red pepper flakes next time to pick up the flavor a bit. Thanx!
Very good and simple to put together. I didn't have white vinegar, so I used cider vinegar. I also upped the amount of pepper. Nice easy recipe. Better the 2nd day.