Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a classic summer salad recipe. The recipe calls for Webb lettuce (England), also known as Romaine (US), or Cos (elsewhere). The salad is dressed with a yogurt dressing. From "The Great British Kitchen" published by the British Food Trust."
- 1⁄2 cos lettuce (Webb lettuce in England) or 1⁄2 romaine lettuce (Webb lettuce in England)
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 5 ounces plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Wash the lettuce leaves and shake dry; tear into bite-sized pieces and place in a serving dish or bowl.
- Add the cucumber and toss to mix.
- Whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over lettuce and mix well.
I used a mix of salad I bought at costco. I really liked this but DH and DS less than me. Probably because of the yogurt. They're a bit fussy. Next time I may use more mayo. Thanks threeovens :) Made for ZWT8 for Diners, Winers and Chives
This was good but I felt like the dressing needed a little something extra. Thanks for a new cucumber salad recipe! Made for ZWT 8
Very easy and light salad! I used leaf and romaine lettuce. Very refreshing. Made for ZWT8. The Wild Bunch.