Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A refreshing recipe from Holland.
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 118.29 ml sliced onion
- 44.37-59.16 ml salt
- 118.29 ml vinegar
- 59.14 ml oil
- 14.79 ml sugar
- Sprinkle the salt over the cucumber slices and allow to sit for several hours, shaking occasionally.
- Wash the salt off the cucumbers.
- In a separate bowl, mix the oil, sugar, salt (to taste), and pepper (to taste). Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Add the cucumber and onion slices and mix well.
- Chill thoroughly before serving.
I liked it, but I think the salt is too mutch and the sugar isn't enough. I replaced this two and the final thing was amasing. :)
Loved the tartness & nutmeg in this version of cucumber salad. Served with Schweinebraten-Marinated Pork Loin Chops for ZWT6.
Love cucumber salad and this was a great tangy one!! I reduced to a single serving to go with Chicken Souvlaki and garlic bread for a great light lunch!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT6