Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Cucumber with sour cream and chives.
- 1 whole cucumber
- 4 tablespoons tbsps sour cream
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided into half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives, minced
- Peel and thinly slice the cucumber using a sharp knife or a mandolin. Place the cucumber in a colander and season with half the salt and 1/2 the pepper. Leave to rest for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together sour cream, vinegar, rest of salt and pepper, dill, and half of chives.
- Mix together cucumbers, dressing, and top with rest of chives.
- Please check for seasonings, sometimes you may want to add more salt/and or pepper.
- Let sit in icebox for 2-3 hours to really chill!
Yum! A little runny, but delicious!!!
Authentic and delicious! Thank you.
Yummy! I have had this recipe saved for some time and have finally gotten the chance to make it...kinda wish I hadn't waited so long! I had about 1/3 very large cuke to use up; I halved everything else and it was perfect. Used green onion instead of chives as they were what I had. Thanks for sharing Andi!