Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 medium cucumbers, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped peanuts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In lg bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients.
- Mix well and chill for 15 minutes.
- Add peanuts and red pepper flakes.
- Toss well.
Very nice side dish for a Thai dinner. I didn't (and wouldn't)change a thing. Great mix of flavours with the sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and red pepper. I will definitely try it again this summer with our home-grown cucumbers. Thanks MizzNezz!
A very unique and refreshing taste. It's difficult to find a recipe for summer cucumbers that isn't bland, and this is definitely not bland. Try it! Very easy to make!
Very nice. Had it with BBQ swordfish and roasted potatoes. Had cashews instead of peanuts. Would be good with sunflower or sesame seeds too.