Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- Mix dressing ingredients well.
- Add to cucumber slices and toss until mixed well.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce.
I love cucumbers unadorned, but this recipe is a definite keeper. I may add dill next time, or chives, but it's one of those good basic recipes to have in your book. I know that the next time I'm in a potluck pinch, this one will come in handy. And kid friendly!
Put some salt and a weight on the cucumbers the night before to get rid of the excess liquid. I also always add dill.
Kind of tart and watery, I expected it to be watery anyway, and I used english cucumbers and left the skin on to hold back some of the moisture, the dressing tended to weep of the cukes. I added some granulated sugar and the taste was improved, next time I'll also add fresh dill. Thanks for submitting MIZZNEZZ!