- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 serrano chili pepper, red, finely chopped
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Halve unpeeled cucumbers lengthwise, then thinly slice cucumbers crosswise.
- In a shallow dish, combine cucumbers, green onion, and serrano pepper; set aside.
- For marinade, in a small mixing bowl combine rice vinegar, water, sugar, garlic, salt, and turmeric.
- Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Pour over cucumber mixture.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Drain before serving.