A yummy cucumber salad that's made without any sour cream or yogurt. From Better Home's and Garden's Oriental Recipes.
- Halve unpeeled cucumbers lengthwise, then thinly slice cucumbers crosswise.
- In a shallow dish, combine cucumbers, green onion, and serrano pepper; set aside.
- For marinade, in a small mixing bowl combine rice vinegar, water, sugar, garlic, salt, and turmeric.
- Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Pour over cucumber mixture.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Drain before serving.