Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This a simple cucumber salad from one of my friends.
- 1 1⁄2 cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons honey (or sugar)
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Slice cucumber very thinly (a mandolin is helpful).
- Mix oil, honey and vinegar for the dressing and let sit 10 minutes. Mix together with cucumbers.
I tried this yesterday and liked the garlic and honey, I never thought of that. I was a bit oily for me but I think I will try this again with a little less oil. Thanks for the recipe.
This is a wonderful change, the honey really works in this recipe. I just tasted one of the leftover slices from last night, and it's still delicious; I can see how they would be a good addition to sandwiches, as suggested by another reviewer. With all the vinegars I keep around,I didn't have any white wine vinegar on hand, so I used white balsamic and cutback on the honey a bit to compensate for the sweetness; I think almost any vinegar would work in this, though, particularly rice wine vinegar. I used a little less oil, as well.
I'm always looking for new ways to serve salads. DH enjoyed this one very much. Made for PAC Spring 2010