Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Really good on a hot day and well worth the trouble. Time is minus the overnight refrigeration.
- 6 large cucumbers
- 2⁄3 cup vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 sprigs fresh dill
- Score and thinly slice 6 large cucumbers.
- Layer slices in bowl, lightly salting between layers.
- Cover slices with weighted plate; refrigerate overnight.
- RINSE slices under running cold water; drain thoroughly.
- BLEND in mixture of vinegar, sugar, pepper, and dill; cover and marinate 1 more hour in refrigerator.
Pretty tasty! I didn't have fresh dill, so used dried dill, to taste. The cucumbers were really crisp and so refreshing on a hot day! I've already made these again!
Well woth the time! Me and the girlfriends were trying to beat the kids to the dish. Everyone loved it! Great for cookouts!
Very good for a refreshing side dish! My entire family loved this.