Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have been making this for years and recently found out my grandfather loved this as well. A greek waitress taught me this recipe for the salad bar at our seafood restraunt in the 80's. It was an instant fave....
- 2 cucumbers
- 1⁄2 small onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- salt and pepper (optional)
- Slice onion thinly and place in bowl.
- Peel skin off cucumber creating striped effect leaving part of the skin on and add to onions.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the vegetables and mix well.
- You can eat immediately, but it is best chilled for an hour or so.
This is very easy and quite tasty, but seemed to be lacking something at first. After the addition of about a teaspoon dried dill it was perfect for our taste! I also salted and drained, then rinsed and drained the cucumbers before putting it all together so it wouldn't end up watery (I don't know that it would have, but that's what usually happens when I make any kind of cucumber salad with creamy dressing). Even the next day, the dressing was still creamy with no hit of too much liquid.
This is even better than the cucumber salad I grew up with! I love how it makes such a creamy dressing. Thanks for sharing, it is replacing my family recipe!
I had to give this 5 stars!!! This is easy to prepare, looks great plated and has a nice crisp refreshing taste. Very much like the German cucumber salad that DH likes. Thanks for posting. Made for PAC spring 08'