Recipe by evelyn/athens
By Su-Mei Yu, from Fine Cooking, issue #52. This thai-influenced salad is perfect with sate.
Top Review by ElizabethKnicely
Delicious and super easy. We loved the slight spice on this cucumber salad. Different from the ordinary and so delicious. Thanks evelyn/athens. Made for team Tasty Testers for the Asian round during ZWT9.
- 2 medium cucumbers (to yield 2 cups) or 2 small cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced (to yield 2 cups)
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced (to yield 1/4 cup)
- 6 -8 fresh bird chiles (more for a spicier relish) or 4 -6 fresh serrano chilies, cored, seeded, and minced (more for a spicier relish)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 limes, juice of (to yield a 1/2 cup)
- 2⁄3 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped dry-roasted unsalted peanuts