Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
By Su-Mei Yu, from Fine Cooking, issue #52. This thai-influenced salad is perfect with sate.
Make and share this Cucumber Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 medium cucumbers (to yield 2 cups) or 2 small cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced (to yield 2 cups)
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced (to yield 1/4 cup)
- 6 -8 fresh bird chiles (more for a spicier relish) or 4 -6 fresh serrano chilies, cored, seeded, and minced (more for a spicier relish)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 limes, juice of (to yield a 1/2 cup)
- 2⁄3 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped dry-roasted unsalted peanuts
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients except the peanuts. Toss gently and let sit for 15 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl, shower with the chopped peanuts, and serve.
Delicious and super easy. We loved the slight spice on this cucumber salad. Different from the ordinary and so delicious. Thanks evelyn/athens. Made for team Tasty Testers for the Asian round during ZWT9.
Fantastic. Used what I had on hand. 3 cucs (5 ), 3 shallots (1c ), 3T chopped canned jalapenos, 1/2 c sugar, 1 1/2 t kosher salt, 2/3 c lime juice, 1/2 c lemon juice, 2 c chopped cilantro. Made several hours before use. Threw in peanuts at serving. Even my cucmber averse husband loved this. Will be great to take to events.
Wow! This is so incredibly delicious and very easy!!!! A few simple ingredients and it's on the table!! I used 1 large English Cucumber and serrano chilies. Made for ZWT 4.