Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious creamy cucumber salad, which is also a family favorite! Note: Prep time includes soaking onions in water.
- 4 medium cucumbers, peeled and sliced thin
- 3 -4 slices onions, separated into rings
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoons 5% white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Soak sliced onions in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Remove onion slices from water; pat dry with paper toweling.
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add cucumber and onion slices; gently mix together.
- Cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
This is delicious...if you want to know just how easy it is, my 9 y/o daughter just made it- Including the peeling and slicing of the cucumbers! Recipes like this make getting the kids started healthfully in the kitchen a breeze!
This is terrific. I add a generous amount of fresh dill. YUM!!
This is how my Mom makes it! Cool and refreshing. Thanks for sharing!