Recipe by Chef Pamela Jean
Another recipe that I learned from my French mother-in-law. It's a great-tasting side dish.
- 2 -3 large cucumbers (peeled, cored & sliced thin)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 shallots (minced)
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare cucumbers, place in serving bowl.
- Sprinkle the salt over cucumbers, mix thoroughly.
- Cover bowl with paper towel, cloth, etc and let sit at room temperature for 2 - 4 hours (cucumber slices should be limp-crisp).
- Drain cucumber slices thoroughly.
- Mix remaining ingredients together and pour over slices.
- Toss and serve.
- You can add a tsp or two of sour cream to this, if you like.