This is very refreshing, and great for a hot day. Fresh cucumbers and radishes out of the garden, can't ask for anything better.
- Peel cucumbers.
- Cut off and discard about 1 inch off ends.
- Cut cucumbers into think slices.
- Peel onion and cut into thin slices.
- Thinly cut radishes.
- Place cucumber, onion, and radish slices into a colander; sprinkle generously with salt and stir to distribute the salt evenly.
- Let stand 40 minutes, until slices are limp.
- Rinse well to remove the salt; drain and pat dry on paper towels.
- Stir together vinegar and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the cucumbers, onions, radishes, and dill and a good grinding of fresh pepper and mix well.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving, stirring occasionally.