Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is very refreshing, and great for a hot day. Fresh cucumbers and radishes out of the garden, can't ask for anything better.
- Peel cucumbers.
- Cut off and discard about 1 inch off ends.
- Cut cucumbers into think slices.
- Peel onion and cut into thin slices.
- Thinly cut radishes.
- Place cucumber, onion, and radish slices into a colander; sprinkle generously with salt and stir to distribute the salt evenly.
- Let stand 40 minutes, until slices are limp.
- Rinse well to remove the salt; drain and pat dry on paper towels.
- Stir together vinegar and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the cucumbers, onions, radishes, and dill and a good grinding of fresh pepper and mix well.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving, stirring occasionally.
This is a Good One! I'm curretly up to m ears n cukes from my garden and there are only so many ways to prepare them. Used my garden radishes as well. I actually doubled the dressing recipe. When the smoke cleared.......there was none left. I'll be making this one again for dinner tonight. Thanks!
The radishes and fresh dill really give this cucumber salad a great new twist. Cool and refreshing when it is hot out. Thanks so much for the post.