Recipe by crazycookinmama
This is very refreshing, and great for a hot day. Fresh cucumbers and radishes out of the garden, can't ask for anything better.
Top Review by WokRokr
This is a Good One! I'm curretly up to m ears n cukes from my garden and there are only so many ways to prepare them. Used my garden radishes as well. I actually doubled the dressing recipe. When the smoke cleared.......there was none left. I'll be making this one again for dinner tonight. Thanks!
- 4 -5 medium cucumbers
- 1 medium red onion
- 8 radishes
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill (1/8 cup)
- fresh pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel cucumbers.
- Cut off and discard about 1 inch off ends.
- Cut cucumbers into think slices.
- Peel onion and cut into thin slices.
- Thinly cut radishes.
- Place cucumber, onion, and radish slices into a colander; sprinkle generously with salt and stir to distribute the salt evenly.
- Let stand 40 minutes, until slices are limp.
- Rinse well to remove the salt; drain and pat dry on paper towels.
- Stir together vinegar and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the cucumbers, onions, radishes, and dill and a good grinding of fresh pepper and mix well.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving, stirring occasionally.