Recipe by Yello Kim
My sister brings these to parties and every time everyone eats them first. I asked for it to share with all of you.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
Perfect little snack and enjoyed for Elevenses yesterday. I didn't peel the cucumbers. Unless they are waxed or you're bothered by the peel, I usually skip peeling them. I placed a thin slice of cucumber on each slice of bread (100% whole wheat from a local bakery) then added the cream cheese mixture. A small amount of Spanish smoked paprika subbed for standard; sprinkled lightly with coarse salt. The bread was cut the same size as the cucumbers and I used the lid to a small spice jar. Easy and healthy! Perfect for parties, quick snack, etc. Reviewed for Best of 2012
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 12 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf white bread
- paprika or chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel cucumbers and cut lengthwise into quarters; remove seeds; finely chop.
- Remove liquid by drying and pressing onto paper towel.
- Combine cream cheese, cucumbers, green onions, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Cut rounds with cookie cutter from slices of bread, you can get two or three per slice.
- Spread with cucumber mix.
- Top with paprika or chili power.