Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
My sister brings these to parties and every time everyone eats them first. I asked for it to share with all of you.
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 12 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf white bread
- paprika or chili powder
- Peel cucumbers and cut lengthwise into quarters; remove seeds; finely chop.
- Remove liquid by drying and pressing onto paper towel.
- Combine cream cheese, cucumbers, green onions, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Cut rounds with cookie cutter from slices of bread, you can get two or three per slice.
- Spread with cucumber mix.
- Top with paprika or chili power.
Perfect little snack and enjoyed for Elevenses yesterday. I didn't peel the cucumbers. Unless they are waxed or you're bothered by the peel, I usually skip peeling them. I placed a thin slice of cucumber on each slice of bread (100% whole wheat from a local bakery) then added the cream cheese mixture. A small amount of Spanish smoked paprika subbed for standard; sprinkled lightly with coarse salt. The bread was cut the same size as the cucumbers and I used the lid to a small spice jar. Easy and healthy! Perfect for parties, quick snack, etc. Reviewed for Best of 2012
These were great! The refreshing taste of the fresh cucumber in the cream cheese base made for a wonderful snack. I used a biscuit cutter to form the circles in my bread slices, and it worked nicely. I will remember this recipe for future parties, because this will be a great choice for a healthy and tasty appetizer that I'm sure everyone will enjoy. Thanks for sharing your recipe, Yello Kim. This was one of my Spring 2011 Pick-A-Chef choice, and it's at the top of my list of favorites.
This was so quick and easy. Everyone loved it at Easter. I added a little chile powder to the cream cheese just for a bit more kick. Thank you this is a party keeper.