Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- Combine cucumbers, celery, onion and peppers in a large bowl; add salt and water.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. Drain; rinse and drain again.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large kettle; bring to a boil.
- Add vegetables; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Ladle hot mixture into hot jars, leaving 1/4" headspace. Adjust caps.
- Process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath.
I made a batch of this relish yesterday and it turned out very good. It ws so easy I am getting another batch ready now.
This isn't bad, but not quite what I was expecting. It is very sweet and very liquid. I used apple cucumbers.
tried this for using up oversized dill cucmbers, the result was more a pickle than a relish.