Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A good side for any BBQ'd meats. Quick and easy.
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and seeded
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- salt and pepper
- Cut prepared cucumbers in quarters lengthwise, then cut into 1/4 inch crosswise slices.
- Combine vinegar, sugar, ginger and salt and pepper to taste in medium glass bowl, blend well.
- Add cucumber slices, blend gently until slices are well coated.
- Cover, let stand 15 to 30 minutes for flavors to blend.
Fresh, crisp and very tasty!! Letting the dish stand and serving it room temperature really enhanced the flavors. Such a simple recipe. I will definitely keep this one handy!! Thanks for sharing, Dorothy!
It is tasty, but in mine, the ginger seemed to overpower all the other flavours, I will make this again but with half of the recommended ginger.