- 946.36 ml ground unpeeled cucumbers (about 4)
- 236.59 ml ground green pepper (about 2)
- 118.29 ml ground red pepper (about 1)
- 14.79 ml celery seed
- 709.77 ml ground onions
- 709.77 ml finely diced celery
- 59.14 ml salt
- 828.06 ml sugar
- 473.18 ml white vinegar
- 14.79 ml mustard seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Use coarse blade on grinder, (I used food processor) combine all vegetables in large bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Cover with cold water, let stand 4 hours.
- Drain thoroughly in colander, press out all excess liquid.
- Combine sugar, vinegar, celery seed,& mustard seed.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in drained vegetables, simmer 10 minutes.
- Pack into jars to within 1/2 inch of the top.
- Put on cap, screw band firmly tight.
- Process in boiling water bath 10 minutes.
- Yield 5-6 pints.