1/2 Photos of Cucumber Relish
5 hrs 5 mins
4 hrs 20 mins
Brenda Hall's Note:
This is a sweet pickle relish similiar to what you can buy in the grocery store. (Better, I think) Can be used for Hot Dogs, Potato salad or any recipe calling for Sweet relish or salad cubes. Easy to make
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Use coarse blade on grinder, (I used food processor) combine all vegetables in large bowl.
- 2Sprinkle with salt.
- 3Cover with cold water, let stand 4 hours.
- 4Drain thoroughly in colander, press out all excess liquid.
- 5Combine sugar, vinegar, celery seed,& mustard seed.
- 6Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- 7Stir in drained vegetables, simmer 10 minutes.
- 8Pack into jars to within 1/2 inch of the top.
- 9Put on cap, screw band firmly tight.
- 10Process in boiling water bath 10 minutes.
- 11Yield 5-6 pints.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cucumber Relish
Serving Size: 1 (2685 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 644.5
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5722.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 157.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 148.1 g
- Protein 2.9 g