Recipe by Sharon123
A delicious salad dressing made even better with fresh herbs! Adapted from Martha Stewart Living magzine.
Top Review by duonyte
I liked this quite well, the cucumber bits in the dressing did not appeal to others, so I'm splitting the difference. I made about half of this, probably went a bit heavier on the scallion/parsley/dill, as I like all of those in a salad. Very refreshing, and so much nicer than commercial ranch dressings, which I cannot bear to even look at any longer.
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded and grated on large holes of box grater
- 1 tablespoon shallot, finely chopped (or green onion)
- 3⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 -3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 -3 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh scallions, finely chopped (or chives)
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon fresh dill (or 1/2 tsp. dried) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together cucumber, shallot, sour cream, buttermilk, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, sugar, cayenne, parsley, scallions and dill, if using, in a bowl. Add additional salt and cayenne if needed.
- The dressing can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Enjoy!