Recipe by kiwidutch
Another adapted recipe from one of my favourite cookbooks: Step-by-step cookery series " Salads and Summer dishes". I like this because there's no mint, no tomato like in many other raita recipes and the addition of chili powder gives it extra zing. Cooking time includes 30 minutes chilling time. ZWT REGION: India.
- 1 cucumber (grated)
- salt (to taste)
- 140 g plain yogurt (5 oz)
- 0.25 ml chili powder
- 0.25 ml ground cumin or 0.25 ml roasted cumin seeds
- fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 slice cucumber, dusted with
- paprika (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the grated cucumber well so that you squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- Add the yougurt, chili powder, ground cumin (or toasted cumin seeds) and salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill 30 minutes in refrigerator and stir well before serving.
- Dust the single cucumber slice in paprika and garnish
- Goes well with poppadoms.