Recipe by diner524
This is a recipe I am posting for ZWT - India, untried by me at this time. I found this recipe on "Greeting India". Sounds like a wonderful side dish of cucumber salad. Time doesn't include the time to drain yogurt so allow 1/2 hour in addition to time posted.
Top Review by Pesto lover
We liked this very much. In fact it was completely finished in about 3 minutes. It is a cooling and delicious side to have with Indian food that is heavily spiced or hot from red pepper or chilies. I could eat this all by itself and be very happy. Thanks for posting the recipe.
- 1 large cucumber
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime juice
- mint (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Drain excess liquid from yoghurt by placing it in a mesh strainer or in cheesecloth for about half an hour.
- 2. Roughly chop the cucumber with its seeds and skin. Season with salt, black pepper, and lime juice. Set aside.
- 3. Transfer the drained yoghurt to a large bowl. Add cucumber mixture, cumin, and paprika. Mix well.
- 4. Allow the raita to chill for 10-15 minutes, then garnish with mint.
- 5. Serve as a cooling side dish with curried vegetables and rice.