Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe I am posting for ZWT - India, untried by me at this time. I found this recipe on "Greeting India". Sounds like a wonderful side dish of cucumber salad. Time doesn't include the time to drain yogurt so allow 1/2 hour in addition to time posted.
- 1. Drain excess liquid from yoghurt by placing it in a mesh strainer or in cheesecloth for about half an hour.
- 2. Roughly chop the cucumber with its seeds and skin. Season with salt, black pepper, and lime juice. Set aside.
- 3. Transfer the drained yoghurt to a large bowl. Add cucumber mixture, cumin, and paprika. Mix well.
- 4. Allow the raita to chill for 10-15 minutes, then garnish with mint.
- 5. Serve as a cooling side dish with curried vegetables and rice.
We liked this very much. In fact it was completely finished in about 3 minutes. It is a cooling and delicious side to have with Indian food that is heavily spiced or hot from red pepper or chilies. I could eat this all by itself and be very happy. Thanks for posting the recipe.
This Salad went well with Afghan - Style Chicken (Murgh) #482020 by diner524. Helped with the spiciness of the chicken. Made as written. Thank You. Made for ZWT8
Very good. I made the recipe as directed using an English cucumber that I sliced with a mandolin. It was very cooling with our Garam Masala Chicken.