Recipe by Sue Lau
This is a very cooling sauce to go with spicy curries and other hot and piquant dishes. Try spooning it over your rice or dipping pieces of chapatis into it. Very good!
Top Review by trixiecat
We had this as an accompaniment to a Chicken curry and it was great. Cooled our mouths off wonderfully. I do like a bit of cumin in my raita so I added a tsp. wonderful recipe!
- 1⁄2 cucumber, thinly sliced (plus a few thin slices for garnish)
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain nonfat yogurt
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 -3 fresh green chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the cucumber into a sieve and sprinkle with salt and mix well, allow it to set over a sink or other place to drain for half an hour or so.
- Pat the cucumbers dry with paper toweling.
- Mix the yogurt in a bowl with enough salt to taste and add cucumber, green onions, and the chopped chilies and mix well.
- Top with a few thin slices of cucumber and sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve.
- If not serving immediately, refrigerate until needed.