Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my mom's recipe. I always like it because it is something that is completely different from anything else.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 5 cucumbers
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 0.5 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Peel, cut and boil potatoes until tender.
- Chop onion and sauté in oil.
- Peel cucumbers, cut in half lengthwise.
- Take seeds out with spoon cut cucumber into small pieces.
- Take tomatoes out the can and dump the tomato water; cut tomatoes into pieces and mix with cucumber.
- Cook cucumbers and tomatoes over medium heat.
- Add salt, pepper, tomato paste and a little paprika.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add sour cream.
- Serve over hot potatoes.