Recipe by Dreamgoddess
I love to serve this dish when we cook on the grill in the summertime. It's so refreshing on hot days. This was printed in a cookbooklet that I received in one of our swaps.
- 2 English cucumbers
- 1 cup thinly sliced radish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons red onions, minced
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the cucumbers, halve lengthwise and scrape out the seeds.
- Thinly slice the cucumbers on the diagonal.
- Combine the cucumbers and radishes in a colander; toss together with the sea salt.
- Top the vegetables with a plate that will fit inside the colander and weight the plate with a heavy item to help the veggies drain.
- Drain the vegetables in the sink for about 20 minutes, squeeze them between paper towels to dry, then transfer to a bowl.
- Combine the red onion, cider vinegar, olive oil and sugar.
- Pour over the cucumber and radishes; toss to combine.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and serve immediately.