Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a sweet salad my kids enjoy snacking on, I don't use the red pepper flakes when I make it for them. I love to eat it as part of an Asian meal.
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, quartered and sliced About 1 1/2 cups
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 thinly sliced radishes (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped peanuts (optional)
- In a medium sized bowl, place the first five ingredients and mix together. Add pepper flakes (if using) and mix. Just before serving, add the peanuts.
easy and tasty
This got the highest possible compliment from my boyfriend: "Korean style!" I did have to substitute the red onion as it's not available here; I used ribboned green ones so it would still have color. I also used a piece of Korean radish (similar to daikon). The peanuts were a really nice addition. Thanks!