This is a very low fat, crunchy salad made with Lite cheese. Be sure to use a madoline to get these vegies sliced as thin as possible.The mustard and radishes give this salad a nice kick!
- 1⁄2 large English cucumber, sliced thinly
- 10 large radishes, very thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup very thinly sliced red onion
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces low-fat swiss cheese, grated
- 6 fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 -2 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Toss dressing ingredients together in a bowl.
- Place all salad ingredients into bowl toss, and chill for 1 hour and serve on a bed of greens.
Had this today for lunch. To start with, I'm a huge radish fan and the combination of radishes with the other veggies plus the mildness of the Swiss cheese was a nice blend of flavors. Then the dressing--great! The tanginess from the vinegar & mustard, the soft celery taste of the celery seeds & the garlic (2 cloves)--mm-mm-mm-mm-mm! Another terrific concoction, Rita!