Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posted this refreshing, crispy, sweet salsa as requested. Using plump dried crenberries. If they are hard soak in warm water or apple juice drain then proceed with recipe. Drink the apple juice or add some to the salsa. This salsa is good on a bed of greens, with chips,inside wraps or grilled meat. If you don't like heat replace the jalapeno with 1-2 tablespoons of finely diced sweet red pepper.
- 1 large cucumber, peeled seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup vidalia onion, fine chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro or 2 tablespoons parsley or 2 tablespoons mint, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh grated gingerroot
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients chill and serve with grilled meats or use as a dip for chips.
Really great flavor profile. I did not use cranberries. Considered adding star fruit but did not want to alter the flavor profile.
Wow! Light, fresh and delicious!! A great change from the ordinary salsa. We had a tropical night to end the summer and this salsa was perfect! I served it with a smorgasbord of different tortilla chip. Although I liked them with the Lime chips - my husband thought it was too strong of a taste together. I had to make another batch for myself as there were no leftovers. I like this by itself on a bed of lettuce. Very Healthy!!! (without the chips, of course!) Chopping eveything up does take some time so make sure you plan ahead. This is not one you can easily whip up. I used fresh cilantro and red pepper instead of the jalapeno(kids were eating it too).