Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is such a delicious summertime salad, with a wonderful blend of flavors, I have served this quite often at my BBQ parties, and everyone just loves it, this can also be made in a glass baking dish, and just scooped out when served. If you are planning to mold this salad, I suggest to serve it on top of a bed of sliced cucumbers, it makes for a nice presention. I hope that you enjoy this as much as we do. Plan ahead this salad needs to chill until set. Prep time includes chilling time.
- 1 (6 ounce) package lemon gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup seeded and grated cucumber (I use the English cucumber, the long thin kind!)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- cucumber, sliced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease a 7-cup mold with vegetable spray.
- Dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water; cool slightly.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually add the gelatin mixture to the cream cheese; beat well.
- Add in the sour cream, mayo, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce; chill until the consistancy of unbeaten egg whites.
- Remove from the fridge; stir in the next 6 ingredients.
- Pour into the prepared mold.
- Chill until firm (about 5 hours).
- Unmold onto a bed of cucumbers slices, if desired.