Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Made this for a recent Luau I hosted and it was very good. It is an Emeril Lagasse recipe from foodtv.com.
- 1 large cucumber, peeled,seeded and thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 large papaya, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 6 lettuce leaves
- Sprinkle cucumber with salt and let drain in a colander for 20 minutes.
- Rinse and pat dry.
- In a bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, oil, chiles and ginger.
- Add the cucumber, papaya and cilantro and toss.
- Line a serving platter or 4 indivicual plates with lettuce leaves and top each with about 1/2 cup salad.
Great! I shredded my papaya (instead of dicing) & added some green onions & carrot, omitting the lettuce leaves. This is a very mild papaya salad and is missing the pungent fish sauce that is normally present, but it is still good! Great summer dish!
This was good combination of flavors but I will reduce the rice wine vinegar and the fresh cilantro a little next time, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten