Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cool, refreshing, great way to start off a buffet, party, or to just enjoy.
Make and share this Cucumber Open Faced Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cucumbers, peeled and sliced thin (seedless are great)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 package hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 loaf rye cocktail bread
- dill weed (to garnish)
- Place cream cheese, dressing mix, mayonnaise and sour cream in a bowl and mix together until well blended.
- Chill at least one hour for flavors to blend.
- Spread each bread slice with a tsp of the mixture.
- Top with a cucumber slice.
- Sprinkle with dill weed and arrange on platter.
Everyone loves this recipe and it works for any event. I prefer to use sourdough cocktail bread but others prefer the rye. So I make both. I also put lemon pepper on top of some versus the dill weed due to personal preferences. You MUST let the cream cheese, mayo, sour cream and ranch sit overnight to enhance the flavors but don't put the mixture on the bread until the day of the event otherwise the bread will become soggy. Wax paper is the best way to layer the sandwiches. You can even use FF cream cheese and FF Sour cream but you cannot use Miracle Whip; the flavors are off...you need to use the mayo. This is a great recipe! ENJOY!
These were absolutely fantastic! Very refreshing! I've made them as directed, and I've also subbed reduced fat cream cheese, mayo, and sour cream. Both ways were just as great. I also served them on cut up slices of freshly baked french bread. Yummy! I do recommend using the English/European/Seedless cucumbers, since you don't have to peel them. The dark green peel adds a boost of color.
followed the directions and ingredients to a tee and my hive LOVES me :)..........next time i do think i will top some with lemon pepper seasoning as a reviewer mentioned, good idea......thank you!