Recipe by JoAnn
Cool, refreshing, great way to start off a buffet, party, or to just enjoy.
Top Review by LoriLions
Everyone loves this recipe and it works for any event. I prefer to use sourdough cocktail bread but others prefer the rye. So I make both. I also put lemon pepper on top of some versus the dill weed due to personal preferences. You MUST let the cream cheese, mayo, sour cream and ranch sit overnight to enhance the flavors but don't put the mixture on the bread until the day of the event otherwise the bread will become soggy. Wax paper is the best way to layer the sandwiches. You can even use FF cream cheese and FF Sour cream but you cannot use Miracle Whip; the flavors are off...you need to use the mayo. This is a great recipe! ENJOY!
- 3 cucumbers, peeled and sliced thin (seedless are great)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 package hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 loaf rye cocktail bread
- dill weed (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cream cheese, dressing mix, mayonnaise and sour cream in a bowl and mix together until well blended.
- Chill at least one hour for flavors to blend.
- Spread each bread slice with a tsp of the mixture.
- Top with a cucumber slice.
- Sprinkle with dill weed and arrange on platter.