Recipe by jennifertess
A refreshing cucumber salad with a sweet dressing that has a little kick! This recipe came from my mom and it has been enjoyed by my family for over 20 years. Everytime I make this I eat half of it before I get it to the table because I keep "tasting" it. My kids love this one too and also can't keep their fingers out of it. ENJOY!
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
What a terrific combination of flavors of this summer time treat. I used 2 field cucumbers, (6 inches approx.) that were yanked from the brimming garden early this morning. I was so excited, I brought them right back to the icebox, (after slicing on the mandoline thinly) and set out to make the marinade. I loved the use of white pepper, and used fresh dill weed. The green onion was great here, and by lunchtime, today - none was left. I put in a bowl that was in the fridge already icy cold, so this was like a cold delightful treat, on a hot, hot day. Made for *Theirs, Yours, Mine* August 2009
- 3 cucumbers, 6 inches long or 2 seedless European cucumber
- 1 bunch green onion
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Here's how to make this a one bowl dish:.
- Prepare dressing by whisking marinade ingredients in the bottom of a salad bowl. Slice cucumbers thinly and add to the bowl. Slice green onions on the diagonal as thinly as possible and add to the bowl. Stir so the marinade covers all the cucumbers and let marinate for an hour or more. Serve and enjoy the flavors!
- Preparation time includes marinating time.