Recipe by Tabbiann82
This is an old family favorite that my grandmother passed down to me when I started my own family. Great addition to any picnic or family gathering.
- 3 medium cucumbers (cut up in slices)
- 1 large onion (cut up in slices)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 12 ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine slices of cucumbers and onions on wax paper on cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle 2 tsp of salt over top of mixture.
- Place ice cubes on top and let soak for an hour.
- When the hour is up, work mixture over with hands and place in strainer for 30 minutes.
- Once all water is drained, place cucumber & onion mixture in large bowl.
- Add mayo, milk, vinegar and pepper; stir well.
- Refrigerate before serving.