This is an old family favorite that my grandmother passed down to me when I started my own family. Great addition to any picnic or family gathering.
- Combine slices of cucumbers and onions on wax paper on cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle 2 tsp of salt over top of mixture.
- Place ice cubes on top and let soak for an hour.
- When the hour is up, work mixture over with hands and place in strainer for 30 minutes.
- Once all water is drained, place cucumber & onion mixture in large bowl.
- Add mayo, milk, vinegar and pepper; stir well.
- Refrigerate before serving.
Yummy! Good and easy to make. I made this yesterday and let it sit until today and ate with our dinner. We all enjoyed this. Made for Spring PAC 2010.
There is nothing more refreshing on a hot day than a cucumber salad and this one is delicious. The dressing is just right.